14 Tips To Keep Your Drainage System Free From Blockages
A System With A Clogged Drain Is Really Inconvenient Particularly When It Occurs At The Most Inopportune Time. It can lead to hazards like leakage, air pollution due to the collection of stagnant water in the drain, flooding, and even health hazards. Regular maintenances can avert this nightmare.
Factors that can cause a blocked drain are dead skin cells, hairs, grease, or tree roots growing inside the drainage pipes. Even clear pipework doesn't write off the chance of clogging in your home's main lines.
Why Let Your Drainage System Get Clogged Up When With These Fifteen Maintenance Tips, You Can Prevent It?
1. Should you experience a minor clog, use a plunger. That should take care of it.
2. A couple times a week, pull up your bathtub stoppers to check for early signs of blockage. Don't forget to wash the stopper before setting it back into the tub.
3. If You Lose Hair Easily, Make Sure You Place A Barrier (Mesh) On The Drain Hole Before You Wash Your Hair In The Bathtub Or Sink. Just as you prevent food going down the sink in the kitchen, you should ensure hair doesn't go down your bathroom pipes.
4. To also help eliminate the build - up of hair, you can brush your hair prior to taking a bath in order to remove any loose hair.
5. Get a plumber to professionally install covers or debris catchers over your drains. Do Not Use Corrosive Bacteriological Drain Cleaners On Your Drains.
6. Don't grow trees or large plants near your drainage system, or pipes may become clogged due to root intrusion.
7. Sign an annual contract with a drainage company. The good thing about this is, they perform occasional drainage inspections and maintenance services on your drainage system. One good company to offer a package such as this in Staffordshire is Drainage Staffordshire. Educate family members and friends about the maintenance of your home's drains.
8. Keep your pipes strong by staying away from chemical cleaners Since they are corrosive, they will gradually eat away at your pipes.
9. You Drain Isn't For Any Kind Of Rubbish. Don't throw stuff into it.
10. Especially avoid putting things in the drain such as fat, grease, coffee, gum, food, medications and condoms.
11. The only things allowed to go down the drain are; for your sink - water, and your toilet - water, urine and faeces.
12. You Can Use Your Wire Coat Hanger As A Hook When You Straighten It And Then Pass It Into Your Drain To Remove Debris That Accumulates There.
13. Boil salty water and pour it down your tub, sink, and toilet drains to clear out build up, especially grease.
14. There are many other ways to maintain your drains, some which work, and some which don't. But, you must never use chemicals.
If you try all these tips and still have no luck fixing your drainage system and are without a drainage company contract to back you up, don't force it. Rather, make the call for professional help if the issue persists. If you are a resident of Staffordshire, call the technicians at Drainage Staffordshire, to restore your drainage system to pristine conditions.